About Me - Milton Laene Araujo

My photo
Lake Worth, Florida, United States
My name is Milton and I am a reader. I love to feed my mind with what if’s?, through stories.

9/19/11

Gay Marriage and a viable solution link

Gays Issues – Gay Marriage by Milton Laene Araujo

Marriage is a union between a male and a female. This union consists of whatever cultural, legal, religious or even social, economical and emotional reasons they decided to get married.

Should two people of the same sex get married? No!  It distorts the meaning of the word marriage, or creates another meaning, to accommodate a social relationship. Marriage should not be used to describe anything other than a commitment between a man and a woman, and such a union, often formalized via a wedding ceremony, may also be called matrimony.

The issue here is whether two people that share a space for a determined time of years have the right to be taxed like any married individual today, and receive equal benefits. Differently from slavery, racism, or women suffrage, gay marriage has been stretched out of proportion by being compared in a religious sense only, and ignoring what contrasts to it.

Gay people should not get married, but seek for a law that recognises the right of living with a partner and within duo process, the right to adopt and create a family.  Gay people may celebrate their union. But must refrain from the word marriage, for it involves religious beliefs and creates fury for those that vehemently oppose to it.  

It is a political issue, for it involves how to distribute the monies received, and it must be decided without any participation or involvement of religion.

A candidate to public service must recognize that a law needs to be created allowing roommates to have a brake in taxes, and enjoy whatever perks any married couple have. It doesn’t have to have a name, for it is simply a right - It may be called Union of Peers.

In this world of relativity, where one thing depends on another, people need to relate to another to grow spiritually. A union of two people must be recognised and insurance, health benefits, etc should be shared with any other human being.

It is a simple math. Considering that 50% of all marriages end with divorce, why a group of individuals with different sexual orientation, would want to get involved in something that brings nothing but law suits? Union of Peers should be simpler, and require the same address. 

Due to the distortion of the word marriage, and how it has been impregnated into individuals' mind, it is common to see on TV reality shows with gays getting into matrimony. Yes, it is disturbing to any form of faith and religious belief that most people follow. This is what has been played into people’s mind in relation to a “right to support other” agreement, which should exist: Union of Peers.

Therefore, the topic gay marriage should not be an issue. We need to have the right to pass our insurance to a friend or a roommate, or anyone to whom you decide to share, without affecting any premium. All individual policies would not exist anymore. We live in a world of relativity where we need a point A to refer ourselves to point B. We need to relate with others, to know whom and where we are. I oppose gay marriage because it is a mockery to the origin and conservation of the sacrament of marriage. I am in favor of a law recognising Union of Peers with less complication. Something more temporary. Open to all. Now, if you want the nutty gritty of this subject, visit this essay. http://www.bidstrup.com/marriage.htm

UPDATE - March 27, 2013 -

After I finished reading the link above, and doing some some soul search, I changed my mind in relation to gay marriage. I think that gay people should get married because it is a right. I take back all my idea of creating side steps for something that is imminent. People have the right to be free from religion, therefore, there is no arguable dissent to this topic. My post was written in 2009, and it was my idea then. I feel bad for my parents to presence something that they are not ready to face due to their religious belief. I feel bad for everyone who is offended at first for this law, that until now, has not been approved by the courts, but it will be approved, no matter what happens. But if we take a look at History, all changes related to civil rights occurred after great turmoil. I imagine now how difficult it was when a decision to free slaves, or to end segregation came about. Liberty and equality is happening, and only after it is settled that we would see that it makes sense. My heart goes to everyone who will be saddened by this occurrence, but they should not take it personal, unless they want to get married. I have been a racist against my own class because I used my emotions and my feelings that I inherited somehow. I have used bigotry, and I regret for being this way.

Creating laws to accommodate groups is the same as segregation, therefore it can not exist (I am referring to the creation of a Union of peers mentioned before). As you can see, our mind changes and we grow!

Milton




  
Milton