About Me - Milton Laene Araujo

My photo
Lake Worth, Florida, United States
My name is Milton and I am a reader. I love to feed my mind with what if’s?, through stories.

9/03/13

Clothing Labels and Clothing Tags itch



Clothing Labels and Clothing Tags

 
Clothing labels are annoying in underwear and T-Shirts. They should be placed anywhere, but NOT in contact with our skin. I simply dislike them and I have no idea how to better express how bothersome they truly are.

Both, Labels and Tags have their importance as far as their existence, but it shouldn’t be located at the same place by all manufacturers. They are used to orient customers towards the actual materials used, the tailoring and production. They also are oriented to how things look and what people wear at certain times.  All that being said, Tags and Labels when placed by the neck, in the case of t-shirts, it makes the clothing feel uncomfortable, if not very bothersome. It seems that all manufacturers place them at the same spot.

I recommend a STAMP!!! On T-shirts… I am aware that most manufacturers of white T-Shirt are using stamps; therefore this message is not for them. However, I have not seen any changes on underwear. Some Manufacturers place a large Tag with a thick and cheap material, and it causes allergy. Besides my personal complaint about tags and labels, I know that women have their concern as well.

A Viable solution is to get rid of all labels and create a batch number stamped in the material in a very inconspicuous place. Like a CIN (Clothing Identification Number). This way everyone would do a search “on how to handle it”. Some manufacturer can go the extra step to give an adhesive (not attached) to the material, or on the plastic bag where it is wrapped.

I come from a generation where store made clothing were rare. Most of my garments were hand-made.

After the ‘explosion of manufactured clothing’, which is a good thing, I only have a problem with tags that cause allergy, or they are itchy due to the material and the amount of thread used to seam it into place.

Is it bad to ask?

Milton Laene Araujo