About Me - Milton Laene Araujo

My photo
Lake Worth, Florida, United States
My name is Milton and I am a reader. I love to feed my mind with what if’s?, through stories.

8/20/13

ABUSIVE INTERNET and a VIABLE SOLUTION


ABUSIVE INTERNET  

There is nothing more annoying than having your “Inbox” filled with junk e-mails.  Although, we can place them into our junk mail folder or block the sender, it always comes back under a different sender’s name.  It simply never stops. It shouldn’t be this way!

Something else annoying about the internet abusive manners, is that the IP Number – (Internet Protocol #), of each computer leaves its print anywhere we visit, whether we like it or not. The internet cannot accept (complete) connection without an IP number. Every computer has an IP number, and there are programs that can read an IP and easily discover who uses that particular computer. Once we leave our print into one site, a program will find us, and immediately an email is generated about what we had visited.

Yesterday I visited a site to check about Blood Pressure medication, for I was concerned with my mother’s condition, who takes them. Five minutes later I received emails about blood pressure medication. I didn’t want to receive this information. Now, I know that there are programs that check my computer’s behavior.  

I would not be surprised if most web sites created by large organization have a camera automatically linked within its inscription, and this camera can see the user and identify by name.

Our privacy was given away from the moment we visited a web site and accept the rules and regulation of such a site. Most web sites have an agreement term, and they function mainly to collect data and information about users.

In despite of being watched through the internet, maybe even being filmed by the (application)program we use, I see no problems in being watched closely. I actually command this technological invention because it can pin point anyone who is acting erratically, or abusing of such a great communication tool.

I have no problems exchanging my security with my privacy. Please, have cameras all over town, have up to the minute satellite’s view of each town, and have it displayed for all of us to access. It is about time we have powerful machines that can watch our every movement, even inside our home, (if) when we are connected to the internet. New TV’s will be able to watch us  at the same time we watch them, for they will have a camera built in, connected with the internet, recording every moment of our existence, . So, why not make it legal to watch and see? As long as it refrains from my privacy of “wanting to be off line”, there is no problem in accepting to be filmed while on.

Let’s be realistic here!

We know that surveillances will go against our constitutional right, yet, how can we get security if we do not have eyes to see, and ears to hear? We need help from surveillances to pin point a criminal, or a sequence of events. Many crimes have been solved because it was on the camera. OK, I give away my privacy rights in exchange of my complete security. My privacy will happen only if I am not connected with the internet inside my home, or without my TV on. Will it ever be enough?  

No need to panic as far as cameras. Soon computers will be part of our sunglass, and our privacy will little by little be structured in this sense.

Now, in regards to e-mail’s invasion, a viable solution would be to create a law that prohibits companies of sending e-mails that cannot be answered by the recipient. This way, when we receive a link, we have a choice to thank the person who sent such a link, and at the same time to ask to be removed from such a listing. This communication must be filtered, added to the data base, and futures emails would be trashed before getting to the recipient. Today, if you ever respond to any advertising e-mail, you get it returned to you.

I am not interested in receiving emails about returning to school. I am not interested in receiving emails about insurance companies. I have the right to tell them to stop. I have the right to know who is sending it to me. I want the same rights given to whomever is sending me e-mails. I have the right to get identification from who is contacting me.  I have the right to know where it is coming from and whether I want it again in any shape or form. I do not want this type of communication from anyone, at this moment.  

Once I declare “I do have health insurance” it is settled and done. I do not want to receive every day an email about this offering, unless the sender is identified and can be answered personally.

I am tired of span e-mails generated by computers program that do not obey any concern of mine.

These programs are taking advantage of all of us, because they are forced to us through the social media, where we play a game and our information is sold, for in order to play a game, we accept their policy, without reading it. And the policy states our information will be shared.

Please, stop once and for all with junk emails that I refused. Give me a chance to systematically group each invitation email into categories, such as, health, education, entertainment, food, medication, diet, etc… etc… etc., and refuse them all in writing. So, when I have a serious problem, I can state my problem and be open to receive information.

I am asking to stop with E-mails relating to the categories I did not choose.   

It is easy to say – just ignore them! But when it comes at least 1000 per day, and in the midst of 1000 you will find one email that was actually of your interest, you will see that this is troublesome.  Imagine if you are away from your computer for two days. You then have 2000 emails to pick and glance and delete one by one, until you find one that is worth reading.

The junk email file doesn’t work. They use different sender, server, whatever they can come up with. Yet, I am only one, and I have the right to decide what I want to be placed on my box and the right to decline.

Stop sending me e-mails related to any site I visited.  I do not own a timeshare, therefore leave me alone!  I am not interested in finding out about sex offenders on my street through an originated span e-mails, that offer anything, but what it promises. I do not care about my credit report being altered, for it is something personal and I will deal with the credit bureau agency, and not a company which has a questioner to share with others providers to fill my e-mail box with more junk.

Yes, it is abusive! 

It is getting out of hand! These companies should be accountable for invading my privacy when I said that I was not interested. We know that the internet is a web; therefore, it is connected with a central. I want this central to store it. I want this central to be regulated by laws of privacy. I have no problems losing my privacy to a central. I will authorize my privacy to be revealed if I am involved in any criminal activities.

Who will regulate it? The Government!

Each Government will possess complete information of every individual. No problems so far. This information will be secure. If misused, a stiff fee will be charged from each and every individual or agency who obtained it. Why is it necessary? Because we, as taxpayers will win in the end. Imagine when technology makes it all a transparent. Everything is transparent and filmed, and recorded. The same way as we are today, from the perspective of our creator. Yet, from our own perspective, we will experience a world where people will not lie, live it alone commit crimes. An eye will be observing all there is and all we do.

How abusive is abusive?

Is it my inbox what is bothering me? How could any company advertise their products? if not by sending emails or communication directly to a prospective buyer. How can we make anyone stop advertising?

The viable solution is to place billboards all over town with commercials.

If I do a Google search, I end up bombarded with offers. Is it bad?
Yes.
A Viable Solution for spans and excess of advertisement, is to do the same way roofers do. They belong to a central unit, who receives a call or a search, and place an add to all roofers to contact you to install your roof. However, in order to receive this service, you must to fill out your information and what you are looking for with a central. From that point you will receive emails from people who read your request. This CENTRAL, should be called www.Ineed.dotcom if it doesn't exist. Once you are registered, your past information will be sent to the provider. Your privacy will go down hill as far as services and needs are concerned, yet, it is important to know that all this is important. The central will have your info held into categories, such as health, house maintenance, yard, plants, etcetera. Your email to the center will generate emails concerning your needs. It is a win win game.

So lets vote for a Central ""I need"" to regulate our needs in accordance with our geographical area, our past experiences, our complaints, etcetera.  Lets vote for transparency!

See, I started with a rant and I ended up with a viable solution. Please, do the same about whatever is bothering you.

Hugs

Milton




 




Milton L. Araujo