About Me - Milton Laene Araujo

My photo
Lake Worth, Florida, United States
My name is Milton and I am a reader. I love to feed my mind with what if’s?, through stories.

8/08/13

The Commodity Broker Chapter 6 and 7

The Commodity Broker By Milton Laene Araujo


Chapter 6

Sofia learned about the commodity business, and very soon she was aware of all complications related to this business. She visited NFA site constantly to check on up-dates. She was not sure if she was made-up for this business. Money was very good, actually, too good to be true. She had made at least $25,000 in commissions in only two and half months. In December Stonegate was forbidden to charge more than $100 per trade in commission, and Paul saw this as a sign that something bad was about to happen. Once well informed about her position within the company, Sofia changed her ways of dealing with her boss, Paul.

“Sofia, you are killing me!” You have all these money sitting on customer’s account and you do not place them in the market. What the fuck are you waiting for? You could have made at least 50 trades this week, but no, you want to wait…what is wrong with you? I used to like you better, when you just started, but now you are affecting my business, and this is my company.

“Paul, I am a broker, therefore I am sharing with you 50% of my profits, while you give me an office to do my job. Your job is to make sure I have all the material needed to do my sales, and you are doing a great job with that. But please, do not think that I am handing over my customers to Peter or Steve just because you do business this way.  It is against the regulation to transfer customers to anyone inside the firm, especially when that someone has lost his license and is under investigation. I am liable to whatever happens to my client’s money. You are not. As a matter of fact, Paul, you shouldn’t even be here. I read that you are suspended, but you come in here and boss everyone’s around as if this is a pizza place. We are talking about investment Paul. We are talking about good faith. I will not allow you to touch my book, whether I am here or not, and it is BS that the client belongs to you. They are my clients because I am licensed to deal with them. You can make Victor, Diva and everybody else hand their clients over for you to do the trades behind closed door, but not with my clients.”

“How dare you talk to me this way? I helped you when you needed a job. I gave you money and a nice office, and now you turn against me?” Paul said to Sofia and to everyone who stopped doing whatever they were doing while participating the fight. No one dared to interrupt them. Sofia was showing her tough self, and for Paul it was an aberration. Not only for Paul. Everyone was afraid for Sofia, but no one showed any inclination.

“I am telling you Pal, that I am a licensed Broker who passed the Series 3 exam, and I am well aware of your ring of wrongdoings with many companies you had in the past. Chad is suspended; yet, he is not taking calls or touching the phone as you are. He does mostly electrical job in here. You, on the other hand, got your brother to be the boss, knowingly that you would deal the cards your own way, screwing everyone who sent you money, simply for the fact of getting a new Mercedes every year or a new apartment. How much did you say your net worth is? Last time you said that you had over 10 million dollars and you can stop working and retire…remember? Well, this is because you are stealing form people. You have your team of tainted licensed guys who cannot go anywhere. They belong to you. They have no other skills. I am sorry to say all this out loud, but it is true Paul. You only care about money! You hire anyone just to have the necessary brokers to cover up for those tainted ones. How many times I heard you say that Victor was not good, yet you never told him that, or fired him, for that matter. You need new brokers to balance the bad ones. It is illegal Paul! Yes, I am a fucking dike…isn’t what you tell everyone? It doesn’t bother me at all. I knew it first, and if you had a drop of dignity, you would not even try to approach me with presents or whatever you do to get women in your bed. I am tired of you, this business and everything related to it...not because of the business, but because of people like you! How dare you bring Frank to give us a speech, when Frank was the main reason a movie called “The Boiler Room” was created. Frank was recently released from jail and you invited him to come here and talk to us about leads etc. A guy who put his mother in jail… yes,  his brother and his wife were incarcerated due to his wrongdoings.  I read about him! I read about you! You are in the same path. Next one to go to jail will be your brother…just because of you!

“You are fired Sofia.” Get the hell out of my face

“Not so fast Paul! I have a clientele and I need to let them know that I am no longer in this business, but not because you are firing me! Oh No. You cannot fire me! Your name is not in any legal document pertaining to this firm. You are here, but you are no one. And as far as NFA is concerned, you shouldn’t be in here. I am going to pay them a call, if not a visit to Chicago and expose you, and the reasons you are firing me. Is it what you want me to do? Be careful, because if I call them I will expose you, your brother and everyone involved. Ask me if I care?”

“Let’s go to the lounge Sofia.” Paul said feeling that he shouldn’t have messed with her.

“I don’t want to go to the Lounge. You refer to me as that bitching dike, low life pig, etc…well, now I want you to hear what I have to say. Not you or your money will turn me into a robber. You can do whatever with them, but not with me. I do not want complications with you because it is not worth it. I want time to close my clients account, and when my book is finished, I will then leave, on my own. Do not ever threat me with security, because if there is one here who is trespassing, this one is you Paul. 

“This got blown out of proportion. I am sorry Sofia. We need to talk.”

“Yes, we will talk tomorrow, when I return. I am taking the entire day off, and I will return tomorrow to check on my client’s contracts and see which one can be sold – but I will not hurry! I will do it properly. Please, stay away from me! Looking at you I can barely sustain the presence of vomit that rises to my throat.

Sofia walks out of the office with her book and goes home.  Diva comes to her rescue, after making sure no one would see her.

“Sofia, my Gosh, you told him off.”                                 

“Diva, I am from another country, and English is not my primary language, but I know when someone is cheating. Paul is this type of person. I just hope you take him out of your system, as you should.”

“I always knew that this type of job requires thick skin Sofia. What I mean is, everyone is doing the same thing as Paul. Don’t you know that he has no education, except this business, and this is his life! He loves his job and he wants to be involved.”

“Diva, you are only 21 years old. I am forty! I have been in sales all my life, but I have never lied to a client or a customer about my intentions. No one needs thick skin! Everyone needs to treat others as you like to be treated. Paul is an asshole. He pretends to be something he is not. I truly feel bad, but he shouldn’t have approached me with that tone, and tell me to give all my customers to a Loader.

“I know, he asked me to talk to you about that.”

“You see it Diva? He is working on you to change me.” How Lame. Did he ever care to tell you when you were hired that your license would be tainted? Does he actually tell his employees that they are signing up for a firm under investigation, and that all his employees were with him before, doing the same thing? No, he hires new people, give them $500 for passing the test, and make them all a telemarketer.

 

Chapter 7 –   December / January 2007

Jonathan Rolls from Missouri, a married man of the age of 37, with a net worth of $ 1,000.000 removed $20,000 from mutual funds to invest in Options.  On December 21st, 2007 he received a check of $21,326.00 from TRUSTCOM. He still has 5 open contracts on Crude Oil and 2 contracts on Euro currency.

Robert Bowen from Indiana, a married man of the age of 60, with a net worth of $1,000.000 received a check of $ $10,026.00 on December 20th of 2007 from TRUSTCOM. He still has 5 open contracts on crude oil and 2 contracts on Euro currency.  

Robert Jenkins left his money in the market and his account was transferred to Peter. As of now he has $47,000 sitting on his account and 25 positions on Crude Oil and 10 Positions on Heating Oil. He doubled his money in less than a month. He was going to send $50,000 more to invest, but he was told to stop sending money for now.

Barbara Lee Johnston, a widow form Virginia, age 55, with a retirement account only. She is very religious. She had a boyfriend called Milton who passed away. She works as a volunteer. Her initial Investment was $3,000 and she received a check for $3,250.00 on December 20th, 2007. Mrs. Johnston wanted to re-invest, but was glad to receive the check before Christmas. She has 4 contracts on Crude Oil and probably will double her money. She said that she will forget about this position and let God do his work.

Stephen Lee from Colorado, a married military man with an undisclosed net worth lost $3,000

Keith Douglas from Texas, a married man of 53 lost $10,000. His current broker is Cindy – Cindy called him back after he closed his account and invited him to return.

Bob Fitzgerald Hughes from New Jersey invested $5,000 and received a check for $5,135.00 on December 23rd 2007. Mr. Hughes re-invested his profit with a different company. As of now he has 4 contracts on Crude Oil with Sofia.

Terry Casanovas Brown from Canada, a married man of 49 invested $5,000 and received a check for $5,230.00 on December 17th 2007. Terry still has 4 contracts on Crude oil and 2 contracts on Soybeans.

Gerald F Simba from Canada, a married man of 50 invested $50,000 initially and now holds 48 contracts on Crude Oil.  Simba refused the return check and re-invested his profit. Now he holds a variety of contracts in varieties of commodities. Gerald does his own recommendation, and he puts money into his account as he see fit. Currently he is working with Peter.

Joseph Smith from Canada, married with 3 children received a check for $20,116.00 and closed his account. His initial investment was $9,375.00. He made all his money with Crude Oil

Francisco Herald from California, a widower, age 89 Invested $10,000 and received a check for $11,236.00 on December 19, 2007.  Mr. Herald has 7 positions on Crude Oil and 2 positions on heating oil that will expire in March 2008.

Jorge Blair from Texas invested $10,000. Currently he has 20 contracts on Crude Oil and $10,000 sitting on his account. He received a check for $5,000.00 and wired it back into his account.

Christopher Norby from Indiana, a married man of the age of 43, with a net worth of $5,000.000 Invested $50,000 and holds over 120 positions. He is currently working with Cindy. He has $46,000 sitting on his account.

As of December 23rd 2007 Sofia has $ 109,356.13 sitting on the sidelines. This money belongs to her customer. She is waiting for an opportunity to place them back into the market.

As of December 23rd 2007 Sofia returned $ 81,419 to her customers.

 

Chapter  1  http://miltonlaenearaujo.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-commodity-broker-chapter-1.html

Chapter 2  http://miltonlaenearaujo.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-commodity-broker-chapter-2.html