About Me - Milton Laene Araujo

My photo
Lake Worth, Florida, United States
My name is Milton and I am a reader. I love to feed my mind with what if’s?, through stories.

8/02/13

Bird's Meeting the thirteen colonies of the USA


The first Meeting was taking place….

Let’s’ get rid of tyranny!

“Thus ever to tyrants.” The Cardinal said to his twelve friends. “Either they surrender, as General Lee surrendered to General Grant in Virginia or they will be dead.”

“I totally agree with you.”
Chickadee whispered to Cardinal, for agreement.  “By the sword we seek peace but peace only under liberty.” Chickadee is originally from Boston.

“Exactly.” said Purple Finch while trimming his feathers. “Live free or die”! I am tired of hiding during fast winds. Purple Finch came from New Hampshire for this meeting.

“Not so fast” Said Baltimore Oriole to Cardinal, Chickadee, and to purple finch. “Wait a minute… ‘Strong deeds, gentle words.”

I agree, lets’ be firm, but gentle. Robin said to no one in particular. “He who transplanted still sustains.” Let’s be thankful to God and also to Eli Whitney for making my state the birthplace of mass-production manufacturing. Robin is from Connecticut.

“Hey Robin, you are off the subject. But now that you started, King Williams School was the first school opened in this country, in 1696." Said Baltimore Oriole the rest of the flock. Baltimore Oriole is from Maryland.

“Who gave you permission to delegate this meeting?”

“No one”

“I just think we must work together and ‘hope’.” Said Rhode Island Red, already annoyed by the others. “I know I am the smallest, but not necessarily the weaker.”

“We are here to agree with ‘liberty and independency’. I know I am not the greatest either, but I was the first bird to ratify the Union, and also the first to ratify the federal constitution. I am a simple Blue Hen Chicken, but I am never late.” The Blue Hen Chicken said to the Cardinal. She turned around to face the others.   

“I am not finished yet. I did what I said, therefore I am. I am not sure about the rest of you.”

“I am with Blue hen Chicken”. The Cardinal 2 said to everyone. “I am from North Carolina, and I also think ‘to be, rather than to seem’.” She continued. “ My state was the home for the Wright Brothers, and they were the first to fly an airplane.

“You guys stop it”! I know for a fact that: ‘prepared in mind and resources while I breathe, I hope’. Said the Great Carolina Wren, “and I will make my state a leading shipper east of the Mississippi River.  

“I vote for ‘Liberty and Prosperity’, and I am sick and tired of military maneuvers that took place in here. Said Eastern Goldfinch from New Jersey while drinking water.

 “I am the bluebird from New York. I was the first capital city of the United States. As such I say: Ever Upward.”

“Ladies, Ladies”, clam down! The Mountain Laurel said to everyone.  He was munching chocolates, but when noticed by Cardinal,  he placed the remaining pieces under his wing. “I agree with ‘Virtue, Liberty, and Independence’.   I have nothing else to say.”

“Wait I minute. I did not make my point!”

“Go Ahead Brown Thrasher.”

“Thanks. I am sure that we will be great when we acquire ‘Wisdom, Justice and Moderation’, and do not forget that Georgia is a top producer of the three P’s – peanuts, pecans, and peaches.”
We will not forget!!!!!

The meeting was adjourned.